About Nercwys Community Bowling Club.
Here is a potted history of the first 20 years of Nercwys Community Bowling Club:
- The Beginnings – In the mid 1990’s, Flintshire County Council allocated an area large enough to build a bowling green and a pavilion for community use (to be administered and subsequently financed by a Bowling Committee). County and Local Councillor, Gwilym B Roberts was at the forefront in the establishment of this sporting link between the village and the county. Gwilym was later to become Chair of the Club.
- During the winter of 1996/7 construction of the green and pavilion commenced and the facility was formally opened in May 1997.
- The first Committee Meeting was held on the 21st April 1997. The main officers of the Committee were Ken Trimm (Chair), Ken Jones (Vice Chair), Arfon Smith (Secretary) and Emyr Pierce (Treasurer).
- 1998 – The first club tournaments were held with Mike Morris winning the Ken Trimm Cup and Diane Williams winning the Consolation Cup.
- 1999 – Joined the Flintshire Mid Week League
- 2000 – Joined the Deeside Veterans League. The club held their inaugural Open Mixed Pairs Tournament which was won by Zena Dodd and Derek Forrester.
- 2008 – A second team joined the Flintshire Mid Week League and the 'A' and 'B' teams were established.
- 2012 – Joined the Wrexham Veterans league and gained promotion in the first season
- 2014 – The club held its first open competition for lady bowlers.
- 2016 - Open competitions for triples and Over 70's were introduced to the calendar.